MS Dhoni Turns 36
The former India captains MS Dhoni turns 36 and on this special day he was handed the perfect birthday gift as won the One Day International series 3-1 against the West Indies, defeating the team by eight wickets in the 5th ODI. MS Dhoni has ended the series as the fifth highest run-scorer fetching 154 scores. In less than three years, regardless of the presence of heavyweights in the side, Dhoni became the captain of India’s limited-overs sides and he made an instant impact. This man in blue has made his name shine in the sports history as the only captain to win all three major ICC tournaments namely, the 50-over World Cup, the Champions Trophy and the World Twenty20. In December 2009, Dhoni also led India to the top of the ICC Test rankings.
As a captain, Dhoni has gained prestige for Indian cricket team by winning World T20, the World Cup, and Champions Trophy etc. Besides, this, he is a remarkable wicketkeeper who is getting better with each passing day. This man is not only one of the best cricketers in India but is an amazing husband and a father of beautiful daughter. He is a man behind Indian cricket’s biggest success stories. Well, there is a lot more about him that only few people are familiar with. Here are 10 Facts To Know About Captain Cool On His Birthday!!!
Captain Cool Untold Story
1. The former India Cricket team member Dhoni was born on 7th July 1981 in Ranchi, Jharkhand after his family moved to the city from Uttarakhand.
2. Dhoni’s fatherly village Lvali is in the Lamgarha block of the Almora District of Uttarakhand.
3. Dhoni studied at the DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir in Ranchi and was passionate about sports from a very young age.
4. Before contributing in cricket full-time, he outshined in football and badminton. Dhoni played at the district and club level in both football and badminton.
5. This man in blue was a brilliant goalkeeper and his skills in football trapped the attention of his coach Keshav Bannerjee. He coach advised him to try cricket and wicketkeeping.
6. From 2001 to 2003, Dhoni was working as a Travelling Ticket Examiner at Kharagpur railway station, under South Eastern Railway in Midnapore.
7. The East zone team which won the Deodar Trophy in 2004 rejected Dhoni saying he had unusual playing skills.
8. Dhoni used to get Rs 50 from his coach Deval Sahay for each six that he hit while playing for the Central Coal Fields Limited in the Sheesh Mahal tournament.
9. Dhoni made his contribution for Bihar in the Ranji Trophy opposite Assam in season 1999-2000. Dhoni score 68 not out in his maiden innings and ended the season by making 283 runs in five matches.
10. Dhoni has a passion for motorcycles. From a very young age, he used to love bikes and now he has an amazing list of luxurious bikes.
Great Wishes from Fans and Yuvaraj on his Special Day
Even after gaining tremendous success in his career, Dhoni remains a deep-rooted man who started his success journey from the small town of Ranchi in Jharkhand. He always tries to keep away his private life from the media glare. This honorable man has got wishes poured in, from fans and fellow cricketers, for the wicketkeeper-batsman on his Birthday. Yuvraj Singh wished his teammate in an interesting manner, he tweeted, “Many happy returns of the day to Mr. Helicopter @mahi7781 have a great day buddy, the cake awaits you #happybirthday #cakesmash.”
This are only a few words about the one of the greatest captain of Indian cricket. Check out Top 10 Richest Cricketers in India. Follow us for more updates and latest & crazy stuffs by bookmarking our site with the help of Ctrl +D