Announcement has been made regarding Railway Budget 2017. The new Rail budget hold good for the Indian citizens and seems to take the railways one step ahead. IRCTC Service Charge in New Rail Budget 2017-18 is well described by the government. The official said, from now, the tickets booked through the IRCTC website is going to be cheaper than before. Earlier, service charges (Rs. 20 on sleeper class & Rs. 40 on AC class) were imposed on the tickets booked through IRCTC but from this year, no such charges will be imposed, making the tickets much cheaper.
This will promote the use of cashless transactions through IRCTC website. According to Mr. Jaitley, this time the railways is going to raise its throughput by 10 percent by upgrading dedicated corridors that contain high traffic volumes. The national carrier will lay down 3,500km of railway tracks in 2017-18, up from 2,800 km in 2016-17.
Biswanath Bhattacharya said, “The set of initiatives announced seem to acknowledge the challenge that Railways is losing share in both freight and premium passenger services to alternate modes of transport, and hence an integrated approach to improving safety, cleanliness and passenger comfort, and higher levels of service to freight customers through end to end services have been introduced in this budget.” “The introduction of accounting reforms will also facilitate better management control systems, to track performance improvement of the Railways”
Check Out Union Budget Income Tax Slab, Tax Reliefs: Union Budget 2017
- In order to ensure safety of passengers, Railways budget has introduced a Rail Sanrakshan Kosh with a corpus of Rs.1 lakh crore. The government is going to provide a seed fund and the amount which is left, will be contributed by the Railways.
- No service charges will be levied on the tickets booked through IRCTC. Competitive booking prices will be rolled out on the government website “IRCTC”.
- By providing lifts & escalators, 500 stations will be made differently abled-friendly
- During the railway budget 2017-18, at least 25 stations expected to be awarded
- Government will take the initiative to introduce dedicated trains to promote pilgrimage and tourism
- For selected commodities, railways will carry end to end transport solutions through partnership. By the year 2019, all coaches of Railways will contain bio-toilets
- A new metro rail policy is going to lunch in order to open up new jobs for youth to modernize the Metro infrastructure
- To improve the security of Railways conditions, unmanned level crossings are planned to be eliminated by the year 2020
- This year, 3,500 km of railway lines to be commissioned, up from 2,800 km last year
- William Foster Stated in an email, “The focus on investment in infrastructure was expected and in line with previous policy direction. An infrastructure gap in India has likely hampered growth and contributed to economic volatility. Higher government spending in that area may partly address the infrastructure constraints.”
Check Also: Assembly Elections Dates
Hope you’ll get to know much about “Railway Budget 2017”. For more related and updated info, stay connected with us through our web portal that is coolexample.in