This Is How You Can Link Mobile Number To Aadhar Card
Aadhaar is now the most essential identity document in India. As per the reports issued in March, Aadhaar-based e-KYC was made mandatory for new mobile phone connections. In almost everything, Aadhar is becoming mandatory. Therefore, sooner or later you’ll have to link your existing valid mobile number to Aadhaar. Here’s how you can Link Mobile Number To Aadhar Card. There are two ways of linking phone number to Aadhar. First one deal with visiting Aadhar card service center and another one is by going through the website. So, here are few Simple Steps To Follow for the ones who want to Link Mobile Number To Aadhar Card.
Linking Aadhar for the first time
If you are linking Aadhar for the first time, this needs to be done offline. So here are few steps that need to be follow.
- Visit nearest Aadhaar centre to access the Aadhar Update/Correction Form. You can also download it from the UIDAI website.
- Fill the form in correct manner and submit it to the related person at the centre and do not forget to mention on the form that only phone number is to be updated.
- At the time of submission of the form, attach the photocopy of an Id proof like PANCard, Passport, Voter ID card etc.
- After the submission, your biometrics will be verified at the enrolment centre. Thumb impression will be verified.
- Following verification of the biometrics, you will get an acknowledgement slip. As per the UIDAI helpline the maximum time for the updation is 10 days.
Updating Mobile Number
If you have changed your phone number and want to update your Aadhaar data with the new number, make sure your existing number linked to your Aadhaar and it is working. Follow few steps to update your mobile number and link it with Aadhar.
- Visit the UIDAI website and you will encounter an option under the Aadhaar Update tab that will take the user to the Aadhar Self-Service portal.
- On that page, enter your Aadhar number and the place correctly the Captcha text and now ask for OTP.
- The OPT will be automatically sent to your existing mobile number, and after its submission it you’ll take you to a new page, where you have to update the details.
- Under ‘Select field(s) to update’, select ‘Mobile Number’
- Now enter your new mobile number that you want to record in the database and submit it.
This is How You Can Link Mobile Number To Aadhar Card. For more updated details, stay tuned with us only at coolexample.in