Venkaiah Naidu India’s 13th Vice President
Born in a humble family, Mr. M Venkaiah Naidu, 68, was recently elected as India’s Vice President. Here’re 10 facts about Venkaiah Naidu India’s 13th Vice President that you really need to know. On the great occasion, Prime Minister Narendra Modi posted on his twitter account, “I am confident @MVenkaiahNaidu will serve the nation as a diligent & dedicated Vice President, committed to the goal of nation building (sic).”
Mr. Naidu is recognized as a two-time Union minister and four-time Rajya Sabha member who enjoyed pleasant relations with every political party. He is the most cheerful and grounded person who has a talent for acronyms and is a good speaker. All his good deeds are a result of his recent accomplishment. So, check out 10 facts about Venkaiah Naidu vice president of India.
10 Facts Defining India’s 13th Vice President Venkaiah Naidu
1. Venkaiah Naidu defeated former West Bengal Governor and Mahatma Gandhi’s grandson Gopalkrishna Gandhi with 516 votes. The opposition candidate got 244 votes. Well, his victory was truly remarkable.
2. While he was the Urban Development minister, he started several urban missions like the most famous Atal Mission, Swachh Bharat Mission, Smart City Mission and Housing for All. As the rural development minister, he was also involved in initiation the ‘Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana’.
3. In PM Modi’s government, Mr. Venkaiah held the portfolios of Parliamentary Affairs, Details and Broadcasting as well as Urban Development.
4. From July 2002 to October 2004, the veteran leader worked as the BJP national president. In the 2004, he gave up the post following the party’s defeat Lok Sabha elections.
5. Mr. Venkaiah Naidu also served as the Rural Development Minister in the NDA government which was started by Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
6. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha thrice from Karnataka and once from Rajasthan.
7. From the state Andhra Pradesh, Venkaiah will be the third vice-president. Before him, Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan and VV Giri achieved this status, both of whom later became President.
8. Being a South Indian, he learnt to speak in Hindi and addressed many rallies in north India. He is keen supporter of Hindi as the national language.
9. Mr. Naidu is from agricultural family of Andhra Pradesh’s Nellore district.
10. He stepped into the political world in the year 1973 as a student leader. He later joined the Jan Sangh. He was elected twice to the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
So, this is the glance of Venkaiah Naidu’s great work and his personal life. For more updates stay tuned with us only at coolexample.in